If you go to the gym every day, you must be used to sore muscles that follow a punishing workout. Sometimes, you know right after a heavy workout that your muscles will be hurting the next day due to extra weights or too many sets. Whether you are an athlete or gym enthusiast, the best CBD hemp cream for you may help relieve some of this discomfort. In case you have tried hot baths, painkillers, and other methods to work through your hurting muscles, maybe it’s time to try CBD. Here’s a quick look at the various reasons you should try CBD hemp creams to ease your recovery.
Can CBD Hemp Creams Aid Recovery?
CBD has anti-inflammatory properties that help in making it very effective against mobility issues that people commonly face. After a grueling workout, most people face discomfort, pain, and swelling in muscles, making it difficult to move and perform regular tasks. CBD helps improve mobility in people struggling with multiple sclerosis, arthritis, and other such ailments. The hemp-based compound has antiemetic, anti-oxidative, anti-inflammatory, antipsychotic, and neuroprotective properties. CBD, which is a distant cousin of THC, offers several therapeutic benefits. Additionally, it does so without producing any psychoactive effects.
The best CBD hemp cream can help gym enthusiasts alleviate muscle tension and soreness, aiding recovery. The compound has the power to help provide relief from a wide variety of issues, from inflammation and stress to pain and insomnia. Additionally, over time exertion can lead to inflammation within joints that results in severe pain. CBD can help prevent such issues by easing osteoarthritis and arthritis-related pain and inflammation.
How Does CBD Hemp Cream Work?
The human body has a biological network consisting of neurotransmitters and receptors programmed to interact with cannabinoids. These compounds have healing effects on both our mental and physical well-being by regulating the production of hormones within the body. Tetrahydrocannabinol is a well-known cannabinoid that produces a euphoric high by interacting with specific receptors. On the other hand, Cannabidiol is non-psychoactive but binds to CB1 and CB2 receptors within the body. These affect our central nervous system, brain, and our muscle tissues. As a result, they boost the functioning of our immune and nervous systems.
CBD from Sunday Scaries works by interacting with our body’s endocannabinoid system rather than impacting organs and tissues directly. As a result, CBD affects our body by influencing G-protein-coupled receptors and hormones. In the long run, this helps regulate homeostasis and maintain our body’s balance. A healthy body is one wherein all functions occur within the stipulated time, and all hormones remain within their ideal ranges. CBD works as an endocannabinoid regulator by attaching itself to receptors and modifying its structure. Hence, CBD creams do not directly affect the ECS but regulate its functions through association, unlike THC.
Why Should Gym Enthusiasts Opt for CBD Hemp Creams?
- CBD can do wonders for the recovery process as it reduces inflammation within the body. Most gym enthusiasts apply ice on their sore muscles after a workout to try and prevent inflammation. While this might work as a remedy for a few, CBD works as a more comprehensive solution.
- Studies show that CBD works as a natural remedy to alleviate tension within tissues, leading to a speedy recovery. Whenever you overwork a muscle in the gym, it will experience micro-tears that lead to pain, discomfort, and inflammation. CBD can aid in the recovery process by inhibiting inflammatory molecules and alleviating the tension felt by them.
- Lowering muscle tension during the resting phase can help prevent tissue injury, helping hasten the recovery process. Post-workout regimes often consist of muscle relaxants to ensure that the muscles do not feel too much pressure, leading to injury aggravation. However, most over-the-counter muscle relaxants contain benzodiazepine, which produces several adverse side effects. On the other hand, CBD works the same way without triggering any of the same side effects.
- Creams and lotions infused with CBD can act as effective pain remedies, enabling enthusiasts to manage their post-workout symptoms. Studies show that such products help in blocking pain through three different mechanisms. They prevent pain transmission from the brain and lower spinal cord while also lower messenger activity regarding inflammation. Additionally, CBD also helps decrease the body’s sensitivity towards chronic pain and aches, leading to reduced discomfort.
- When you have aches and sores all over your body, it might be challenging to get a good night’s sleep. However, rest is precisely what your body needs because it is during this phase that muscles recover the fastest. CBD creams help by boosting sleep and allowing your body to rest after a strenuous workout.
- Even a slight lack of sleep or rest post-workout can lead to an increase in cortisol levels which trigger stress and anxiety. CBD serves as an effective remedy against both these factors by helping people relax and calm their nerves. Overproduction of cortisol can lead to several issues, including muscles feeling fatigued and lesser growth. However, CBD creams can help relieve this pressure, leading to a more fruitful post-workout rest session.
- Every time you lift heavy weights, you cause microscopic damage to proteins within your muscle cells. Sustained damage leads to inflammation, which gives rise to stiffness, aches, soreness, tension, and pain. CBD can be effective against all these symptoms, including delayed onset muscle soreness, which sometimes hits on the third day after a workout.
- By making it easier for you to recover after a grueling workout, the best CBD hemp creams can make it easier for you to work out better. Shortened and more productive rest days can help you lift heavier and build more gains faster. As a result, you can achieve your dream fitness level quicker than you ever thought possible.
- CBD is an effective aid for preventing muscle stiffness, which often accompanies post-workout resting periods. Muscle soreness and stiffness can make it challenging for individuals to carry out routine tasks daily. However, by relaxing your muscles and preventing over-tension, CBD helps promote faster post-workout recovery.
- Lastly, gym enthusiasts often have to deal with skin conditions as they are constantly sweating and wearing well-fitted clothes. CBD creams provide several benefits to your skin, helping you achieve a glowing complexion with ease. These creams can also be very effective against atopic dermatitis, eczema, acne, and psoriasis. It works by calming irritation and regulating sebum production leading to healthier, youthful-looking skin.
As listed above, CBD can serve as a wonder drug for frequent gym-goers who struggle with recovery. Not only can such CBD hemp creams aid in recovery, but they can also help improve your performance over time. Nothing beats a good rest day that allows all your muscles to relax and grow back stronger. By facilitating more productive rest days, CBD can, in the long run, make your gym routine more efficient and effective. However, make sure you consult a doctor before using any creams to ensure you don’t suffer from allergies or adverse drug reactions. Do you want to know more about the medicinal properties and uses of CBD? If so, make sure you follow this space for updates on the therapeutic side of CBD and hemp!