Most people love to keep their kitchen presentable. However, it is the busiest, and the potentially messiest, room in the house. Food can get on the countertop, floor, and sometimes even on the walls. It’s a recipe for disaster if you don’t know how to keep your kitchen spotless. Here are some effective hacks to help you.
Clean Your Drains
One of the most important things to keep your kitchen clean is regularly cleaning your drains. This will help prevent food particles from clogging up and backing up the pipes. You can use a plunger or contact drain cleaning services to clear out your kitchen pipes if they become clogged or start backing up.
Make An Effort To Clean Daily
The kitchen is the heart of your home and it’s where you prepare meals for your family and friends, host holiday dinners, and bond over a cup of coffee. So why leave it so messy? Even if you don’t have time to clean every day, there are simple things you can do to keep it spotless.
- Start with a clean surface. If there are crumbs on the counter, wipe them up with a damp cloth before you start cooking.
- Prepare for spills by placing an absorbent mat under pots and pans in case they spill or boil over.
- Use tongs instead of your hands when removing hot items from the oven or stovetop to avoid burns and spillage!
Target the Hard-to-Reach Spots
Do you know those spots that just don’t seem to get clean, no matter how hard you scrub? The first step is to identify the area. Is it between your stove and countertop? Or maybe it’s on the walls surrounding your oven? Try using a hand-held mirror to get a good look at the area.
Once you’ve identified the location, grab some cleaning products and get to work! The best way to approach this mess is by breaking it down into small tasks. So, if a particular area needs some TLC, start there. Then move on to another spot, and then another until all of your trouble spots are gone.
The next step is crucial. Regularly keep up with these tasks, so they never come back! You should aim for at least once every one or two weeks, depending on how much cooking or baking you do.
Like most people, you want to keep your kitchen clean and organized. But with so much going on in your life, it can be hard to find the time to clean up after every meal. The good news is that you can do lots of things to make cleaning up easy, even if you’re short on time. Here are some tips for staying organized in your kitchen:
- Have a plan before you start cooking. Look at what ingredients you have on hand and decide what kind of meal you want to make before starting. Keep the ingredients at hand and avoid rushing and looking for things midway through a cook.
- Keep pots and pans off the burner when they’re not being used.
- Clean as soon as possible after you’re done cooking. While it’s easier said than done, it’s better than waiting for dishes to pile up.
Don’t rest after you’re done cleaning your kitchen. It may look pristine and organized, but it will not remain that way for long if you don’t maintain it. If you multitask and maintain your kitchen, it will stay spotless.