With cannabis being one of the most popular and fastest-growing industries globally, it’s no surprise that the subject of CBD is a hot topic these days. An abbreviation for cannabidiol, CBD is an extract derived from hemp or cannabis plants with no THC – the compound that makes people high.
A cannabinoid in cannabis is an allosteric modulator for the CB1 receptor. It is also present in the endocannabinoid system. And Delta-8 is a chemical in the cannabis plant that has helped to have medical benefits be it Delta-8 wax, Delta-8 gummies, etc.
The two are interlinked because delta-8 creates an endocannabinoid system that elevates CBD levels. In some cases, this elevates Delta-8 levels and triggers the release of CBD for a more positive impact and outcome.
This blog post has explained the link between delta-8 CBD and how these two cannabinoids are approaching the medical field. Looking at some of their similarities, they also give their different effects on health.
What Is Delta-8?
Delta-8 is an essential oil extracted from the cannabis plant. It is a specific chemical compound found in some strains of marijuana.
It is an alkaline chemical compound found in hemp seeds, low in THC. It also gets called the “anti-tumor” chemical because it inhibits cancer cell growth.
Delta-8 is a non-intoxicating cannabinoid that has evidence to support its use for pain relief, anxiety, and relaxation. It is not psychoactive but only has the effect of reducing stress and tension.
It has CB1 receptors and CB2 receptors but has poor oral bioavailability. It interacts with CB1 receptors, located primarily in the central nervous system, with effects most commonly associated with pain modulation.
Hence, it sticks to and has a longer duration of action than delta-9 THC and is more commonly used for medical applications. For example, you can use it to reduce nausea and vomiting during chemotherapy, yet it also relieves pain and spasms associated with multiple sclerosis.
What Is CBD?
CBD is short for cannabidiol. It’s a non-psychoactive substance found in marijuana and hemp, which acts as a natural painkiller. CBD also has anti-nausea and anti-inflammatory properties, especially when administered topically (on the skin).
CBD is a non-psychoactive derivative compound that does not get you high. Like its counterpart THC, CBD interacts with the brain’s endocannabinoid system and helps regulate many functions in the body – including pain control, sleep health, immune function, mood balance, and reproductive cycle control.
This CBD oil gets made from marijuana or hemp plants with high amounts of this chemical compound. It has been used for many years as a food additive, reportedly benefiting humans suffering from anxiety and other conditions.
This oil often gets extracted from the leaves and flowers of hemp plants. While it’s legal in many parts of the U.S., some states have laws prohibiting its sale.
It can help reduce anxiety, paranoia, insomnia, and even negate some adverse physical effects of high THC medication such as weight gain. However, high doses might cause severe problems like paranoia, heart palpitations, hallucinations, and even psychotic conditions.
Benefits Of Delta-8
Following are some benefits of Delta-8:
- Anti-inflammatory – This product seems to help reduce inflammation throughout the body and allows us to experience fewer symptoms of inflammation such as pain and swelling.
- It helps to increase brain function, enhances cognitive performance, and increases mental clarity. It further improves brain blood circulation and oxygenation for fast neurotransmission to the brain cells.
- It improves sleep patterns: regular sleeping patterns are critical for your health and well-being. If you have enough restful sleep, your body will be better prepared for physical activity and will function at its optimum capacity throughout the day.
Benefits Of CBD
Following are some benefits of CBD:
- It helps the body fight off stress by producing endocannabinoids (this helps your whole body, not just the brain). Further, endocannabinoids aid in regulating moods and emotions, thus preventing depression and anxiety.
- Relief from pain: This is one of the main reasons people use CBD. This oil has helped reduce inflammation in the body without creating any psychoactive effects that would interfere with your daily life. Most people experience some discomfort from time to time.
- Regular use of CBD oil acts as an anti-inflammatory, so it eases the pain associated with arthritis, muscle aches, joint pain, and other forms of chronic inflammation. Hence, it helps to reduce inflammation and has an antibacterial activity to help fight infections.
How Are Delta-8 And CBD Interlinked?
Delta-8 and CBD are both extracted from the cannabis plant. Delta- 8 is a synthetic substance. Delta-8 is one of the two main extracts from cannabis (THC) and gets derived from the compound CBD. Delta-8 is a non-psychoactive component of cannabis with no psychoactive effects.
While Delta is a natural compound, CBD, or cannabidiol, is a non-psychoactive compound found in the hemp plant that has become increasingly popular as an ingredient in foods, drinks, and beauty products.
These two are used for different purposes but have the same basic chemical structure of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), which can be present in high concentrations in marijuana plants. When delta-8 and CBD are combined, they produce a compound that can induce changes in mood in some users, known as “the high.”
CBD does not contain delta-8 THC, which is the compound responsible for the psychoactive effects of cannabis. However, delta-8 is structurally similar to THC and is a primary active ingredient in hashish oil. But, research on delta-8 has got limited due to its pharmacology being similar to cannabinoids such as THC. By contrast, CBD does not produce a high and doesn’t act as an intoxicant to users.
Delta-8 is a strain of cannabis used for medical purposes because it has many positive effects on humans. CBD, or cannabidiol, is a non-psychoactive chemical from the marijuana plant.
It is also present in high levels in hemp and industrial hemp plants. CBD does not have any psychoactive effects on humans, but it has anticonvulsant, antipsychotic, analgesic, anti-inflammatory, and neuroprotective qualities.
Delta-8 and CBD are antipsychotic drugs that have helped people treat many people with different mental disorders like schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. They help to block the receptors in the brain responsible for psychosis.
Hence, delta-8 is a non-psychoactive cannabis compound linked to CBD. On the other hand, CBD is one of the most commonly used compounds in cannabis. These two compounds are often referred to as “the active ingredients” of cannabis because they have many medical benefits.