For many reasons, people grow their own marijuana. Some do it as a hobby, others have found a lot of free time on their hands due to the pandemic and want to learn a new skill while others do it to help them save money on buying cannabis products from a dispensary. Whatever reason you decide to grow marijuana, you might be wondering whether or not it will cost you a lot of money.
If you have the climate, growing outdoors is often a lot more affordable than indoors. You don’t need electricity nor lots of equipment to get started. In fact, all you really need is quality outdoor cannabis seeds, quality soil, and the right weather conditions.
When you grow marijuana indoors, you’ll need plenty of supplies, you’ll need to buy marijuana seeds and your electricity bill will cost more than it normally does. However, don’t let this deter you. Your first grow might cost you a lot, because the initial costs of growing tend to add up. But down the line, when you grow again, you won’t need that much equipment because you will already have purchased it from your first time around. Also, instead of purchasing new seeds, you can clone your previous plants.
Buying Marijuana Seeds
If it is your first time growing weed indoors, try to not overcomplicate the process. When growing marijuana, it is key that your plants are female. Most grow shops online sell feminized seeds, however, others like to sell cuttings from female plants. If you regularly purchase seeds, there is a strong possibility that many of them turned out to be males. Although male seeds have a purpose, they won’t help your plant grow the buds that you want.
Purchasing seeds online is often a better idea than purchasing seeds from a traditional grow store. Most online stores offer their customers a wide range of different seeds, often a lot more than a physical store. The prices tend to be more competitive too. Often online grow stores allow consumers to purchase in bulk. Normally the more you buy, the cheaper the seeds are.
Here is a list of the other things you will need to purchase to help you successfully grow weed indoors:
- Grow Tent: Although some people attempt to make their own grow tent to help them save money on purchasing a tent specifically designed to grow marijuana, however, you’re better off buying the real deal. These grow tents are extremely easy to assemble and won’t cause any damage to the room in which you are growing the cannabis.
- Hydroponics: Many people like to use a hydroponic setup. If this is your plan, you are going to need to buy an inert growing medium. This will make sure that your plants get all the nutrients required. Prices vary, depending on the “type” you have decided to use.
- Nutrients: For the best results, you will need to purchase some super soil. There are plenty of nutrient kits available. Some experienced growers claim that when you mix professional soil with nutrients you get the best results.
- Extra pots: If you plan on using soil, you will need to buy pots that are different sizes. As the plant grows, you’ll need to upgrade the pot to a larger one.
- PH test: Although a PH test is not completely necessary, it might come in handy.
- Digital timer: Again, not completely necessary, but having a digital timer running will help your grow to stay on the correct lighting schedule.
- Labor costs: How long do you spend daily tending to your cannabis plants? Compare what you get paid in your normal job and work it out. If you spend an hour a day checking on your plants and you get paid $20 per hour, well then it equates to $140 per week. The process normally takes around 10 weeks, so the total cost will be $1,400.
You can easily find all these marijuana-growing items available online. Before purchasing, perhaps check out reviews posted by previous customers. Growers are always sharing their advice online and if they get bad growing suppliers, most of them like to warn others.
Learn Everything you Need to Know about Growing Online
The internet has changed the way we live our lives, and it also changes the way we grow our pot. There is an abundance of websites packed with content helping you to learn how to grow pot from the very first day to the last.
Growers have constantly published videos to streaming services like YouTube. There are some easy to learn tutorials available on the site, which is great for new growers to learn the skill of growing pot. Well-known YouTubers add new contact on a regular basis, so keep an eye out for newly published clips.
Any issues that might occur while growing weed, others will have experienced the same problems, so you are bound to find details online that will help you find a solution. There are plenty of cannabis-growing communities on the internet. These groups can be a fantastic place to find like-minded people. It seems like many people on these groups are helpful when it comes to questions about growing marijuana, so don’t be afraid to ask for advice. Without having to meet these people in person, you can easily send pictures or videos.
If you decide to use a basic setup to grow marijuana, you’re probably going to have to spend around $2,000. Although that figure might seem a bit scary, keep in mind that you will be able to grow several harvests throughout the year. The most expensive equipment needed to grow can be used as many times as you like.
It is possible to buy smaller setups as many suppliers offer customers a starter package that includes everything you need to grow. A small tent, LED lights, pots, etc. Although you won’t be able to grow a lot of marijuana, these startup packages are a fantastic introduction for novice growers.