Another concrete barrier that is vital to construction is the retaining wall. They are often overlooked because they resemble ordinary concrete panels. What people do not realise is that this concrete barrier plays a big role in completing building constructions, helps in creating landscaped gardens and other critical applications. Engineers designed retaining walls to help contain the pressure of the soil and hold it back. Professional Retaining Walls West Jordan UT contractors help to improve the aesthetic appeal of the land and increase the function of the landscape by giving it more level ground.
What is a concrete retaining wall?
Railroad tie retaining wall are concrete structures especially developed to retain rock, soil, and groundwork. The structure holds back soil materials or withstands the lateral pressure of soil, sand, granular materials, liquid pressure, and earth filling.
In the past, contractors used makeshift moulds to produce concrete retaining walls. Today, manufacturers produce different types of precast retaining wall options, offering contractors and engineers a product that is far superior to handmade ones. The side facing the soil has one or more vertical stiffening ribs to increase the strength and durability of precast retaining walls. They place the ribs from the base to the top of the precast retaining walls.
How do retaining walls work?
Retaining walls are landscaping tools. They help property owners whose land has sloping areas. The product serves functional and aesthetic purposes. Contractors use retaining walls to increase the size of usable land in a property. Civil engineers use retaining walls to create functional roadways. They help reduce erosion, protect areas from being water-saturated, fix slumping hillsides and steep slopes, and protect buildings and roadways.
The retaining wall must have the durability and strength to hold back the soil in an inclined area. Engineers may wedge the earth behind the land formation and build a wall to keep the soil in place. A stonemason mornington peninsula specialist usually customises the retaining wall structure to match the area’s needs.
Advantages of using precast concrete retaining walls
Precast concrete retaining walls are available in different types for a range of applications. Major contractors use them for the construction of architectural walls between houses, commercial walls around parking lots, retaining walls to hold back earth along railways, and construction of new highway ramps. You can always search fro retaining wall contractors near me.
Contractors choose precast concrete retaining walls for various reasons.
- Saves construction time because the workers can install them on the site while doing other construction works.
- The installation of the retaining wall is convenient and faster. After preparing the area, the skilled contractors can erect the precast panels in a short amount of time. They help increase workers’ productivity, safety, and quality of work.
- The quality of the retaining wall panels is assured. Because they are precast, contractors have access to products of high quality. They conform to industry standards in curing, formwork, composition, and size.
- Contractors know they are getting structural materials with high load-bearing capacity and strength.
- Precast concrete retaining walls are durable. When properly installed, the panels can last for 50 to 100 years. They require minimum maintenance. The panels are high-density and durable against impact, corrosion, and acid attack.
Precast concrete retaining walls are available in modular, bolt down, cast-in, free-standing and heavy-duty types. Choose the right type to maximise the panels’ inherent properties.