Online gambling in the US continues to advance as more states legalize various facets for their residents. But if you’re looking for locally managed options in New York, you may have to wait a while. Legislators in the state are yet to come up with a concrete course of action to help the industry take shape. The state’s Senator, Joseph Addabbo Jr., is currently backing the move to get iGaming legalized in New York.
With residents in neighboring states already enjoying these gambling options, he envisions that it’s only a matter of time before NY players can also get in on the action locally. At the moment, residents can make wagers on several online sportsbooks easily. It’s in response to this that Sen. Addabbo says online casino gaming will soon get set up since it’s bound to bring in more revenue than sports betting.
One of the barriers to getting this option approved is the issue of problem gambling. Several legislators feel that there aren’t adequate measures to help curb the occurrence and subsequent effects of problem gambling. In this case, the freedom to play whenever you please is seen as a conduit to promoting unsafe gambling habits.
But there are currently talks to help a bill pass and have online gambling in the state legalized by early 2023 at the latest. If the bill is successful, New York will join states like New Jersey that are already reaping the benefits of hosting locally operated gambling sites. In the meantime, here’s a list of top-rated NYC online casinos reviewed by experts to guarantee they are safe for you.
Top 3 Online Casinos For New York Players
Although there aren’t any local operators with sites for you to play on, you can still partake in the online gambling action by visiting offshore sites. These are platforms owned and managed by operators from overseas companies.
Since they are exempt from the laws surrounding New York’s gambling scene, players can access online casino games on such sites without any issues. Just make sure you choose your casino well so that you don’t encounter any fraudulent sites.
To help you get started safely, here are three casino sites suitable for you to join. They accept players from the US, have been operational for several years and accept transactions made in USD, among other perks.
1. BetUS – For A Generous Welcome Bonus
BetUS is one of the leading options for gam,blers in NY. The platform gets you started with an impressive 2-tier welcome bonus awarding up to $5,000. You can use this to browse the impressive games selection of 400+ titles supplied by iGaming giants like Digital Gaming Solutions, Visionary iGaming, and Booongo, among others.
The games available include slot varieties, virtual table games, video poker, live casino releases, and specialty games like keno. The site also hosts a racebook and sportsbook.
2. BetOnline – For Fast Payouts
If you’re a slot fan, this is the site to check while in NY. BetOnline is supplied by renowned software providers in the industry like Rival Gaming, Fresh Deck Studios, and Betsoft. This makes it possible to find several slot genres, themes and gaming mechanics on the hundreds of titles available.
Another plus with this platform is it enables players to make crypto transactions which are safe and near-instant.
3. Wild Casino – For Impressive Live Dealer Releases
Wild Casino is packed with all casino gaming categories you can expect online. But its live dealer options are second to none. Look forward to roulette, blackjack, poker, and baccarat games launched by software providers liveFresh Deck Studios.
The site also boasts plenty of bonus promotions for new and existing members. You can even earn yourself a 200% boost for bringing a friend to the site through the referral program.
Choosing Online Over Land-Based Casino Gaming
You get to enjoy many conveniences by choosing to play online. These include:
- 24/7 gambling – whether you are free during the day, at night or any time in between, online casinos are always open. Unlike visiting casino floors, you don’t have to wait for the operating hours to enjoy yourself. So even the customer support is available to you around the clock.
- Convenient gaming – if you’d like to play in bed, on the trip home from work or during your lunchbreak, you can. Thanks to mobile-optimized casino sites, you can play right on your smartphone or tablet.
- A wider gambling selection – unlike land-based options that require physical space for every game, online platforms can host thousands of releases on a single site. So you can enjoy a vast number of slots, virtual table games and even live casino offerings without switching to a different casino.
- Plenty of bonuses to claim – something you’ll get very little of with land-based options is the bonuses. With online gambling sites, you can start claiming offers from the minute you sign up. These boost your bankroll, enabling you to enjoy more of the site’s gaming variety for real money rewards without spending more money.