There are various reasons why you may need to undergo a cosmetic surgery near Bristol, TN for one it could be because you desire to improve your appearance because you just suffered an accident or for a more personal reason best known to you.
The improvement in technology over the past decades has further increased people’s confidence in undergoing cosmetics surgeries. The success rate is much higher, there are fewer side effects, and the recovery period is now much shorter than it used to be.
However people tend to use cosmetic and plastic surgery interchangeably, while they are somehow similar differences exist between these two disciplines and we will get into it right now.
What is the difference between Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery?
Plastic surgery is a unique discipline of medicine that comprises cosmetic surgery which is usually done to improve aesthetic appeal and reconstructive procedures for facial and body defects that are caused by disorders, burns or diseases.
Cosmetic surgery on the other hand is done to improve appearance and therefore boost one’s self confidence, esteem, or vanity as the case may be. Cosmetic surgery can be performed on all areas of the head, neck and body and it is elective.
Let’s now visit some of the advantages there are to cosmetic surgery.
- Cosmetic surgery helps improve appearance which can in turn boost self esteem and confidence in your ability. It is no gainsaying that we live in a world where people are mostly appreciated for how they look and hence given preferential treatment on that basis. People now tend to adjust their appearance so they are better positioned to curry favours from people.
- To improve overall health status: Some cosmetic surgery procedures are undertaken so as to improve one’s health. For instance nose reshaping can make breathing easier in some people although most people usually go for this surgery for the aesthetics. Overly large breasts are a source of discomfort for some ladies, therefore breast reduction surgeries can lead to improved body shape in such persons.
- Some forms of cosmetic surgeries are done to shed off fat that can not be trimmed via exercising or diet plans.
- It may pave the way for more professional success. Findings reveal that more beautiful people tend to enjoy more success in their professional career.
These are some of the advantages to cosmetic surgeries, so let’s get into the inherent disadvantages’
- Topping the list of disadvantages is the cost of getting a cosmetic surgical procedure performed on you. It is really expensive and not everybody can afford it. Moreover you still have to keep up with post-surgical expenses in order to maintain the area operated.
- It is equally risky. Like every other surgery cosmetic surgeries are not without possible health complications that may arise after the surgery, some of which are internal bleeding, poor reaction to medications due to anesthesia exposure and so on
- Many people think that they will be happy after they get one thing about their appearance changed. However, cosmetic surgery can be addicting. You may find something else about your appearance that you want to change after you get the first procedure. Many people suffer from something called body dysmorphic disorder, which is where people constantly find flaws about themselves. That is why they find themselves constantly going under the knife.
- You may not get your desired result: In this world of social media where people are trying to look like their favourite celebrities it may be difficult to turn you into a replica of the image of the model you saved on your phone for instance, the picture you saved might not be the model’s body shape in reality, it could have been edited by a software program.