There are a lot of reasons to justify the fact that New York is better than Los Angeles. New Yorkers consider it better than Los Angeles and vice versa. The main factors that we consider while comparing both the cities are; weather, sights, aesthetic, better, cheap and affordable place to live, food, etc.
You will find a lot of conversations about the rivalry between these two cities. Some people will stack up the chips for Los Angeles and some will do it for New York. Los Angeles might have beaches, great weather proximity to Las Vegas.
Reason Why New York Is Better Than Los Angeles
New York City is considered to be the melting pot of America. 36 percent of New York’s denizens are from other countries or cities. Talking about languages and diversity, you will hear around 800 different languages in NYC. Every New Yorker is having their own story, even if they are an immigrant, a native, or a transplant.
New York City gives you an inspiration that you can accomplish anything you wish to do. You will find the inspiration even standing outside your apartment, in the street, at a Broadway show, is the subway, in a sidewalk café, etc.
No city on the planet Earth can compete with the energy level of New York. The hustle and bustle, the fast pace, the buzzing traffic, 24-hour life, and the creative spirit of New Yorkers make it one of the vibrant cities or places in the world.
If you get tired or bored of the same section of town. Hop on the subway and escape to another state for changed vibes. If you don’t want to take the subway, you can catch a bus, ride CityBike, walk or take an Uber. If you get bored of the same local pizzeria, you can try 100s of different pizza parlors throughout the city.
NYC offers a variety of entertainment. You can hit a jazz club, see Broadway show. The beauty of living in NYC is that it is an evolving city where you can try different dishes, visit places, live in a different neighborhood, etc.
Talking about convenience in New York, within a radius of five blocks from your apartment, you can go to a grocery store, pet store, drug store, and wine shop. Also, you can get a steak for dinner at midnight. Also, you can have a manicure in the early morning. The convenient lifestyle in New York is addictive. This routine spoils the New Yorkers. They forget that other cities even cities like Los Angeles live differently and with the normal schedule.
The excitement of life in NYC cannot be denied by anyone. It is a happening city where anything can happen at any time. If you are lucky enough, you will be walking with your dog and there will be celebrity sighting. You will be rubbing elbows with film stars.
Also, you can attend Tony Awards and score free tickets to of some the hottest events in Manhattan. Living in New York can make your ordinary day an extraordinary day in minutes.
New York is a big city with a cluster of small towns. Each neighborhood is having a distinguished flavor and personality. From Harlem to the Lower East Side, Brooklyn Heights to Coney Island, Astoria to Flushing, Bronx’s Little Italy to Staten Island’s St. George, are the best neighborhoods. These NYC neighborhoods are having different cultures, characters, and something different you wish for.
It is without any doubt that there is a lot of competition in New York than in other cities of the United States. New York hosts opportunities for those who want to work on their dreams and work hard to achieve them. Gotham is a city full of opportunities to fulfill your dreams. Every single day, people achieve their dreams and goals.
The Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, Central Station, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, etc. The list of landmarks goes on that you can visit and discover the magnificent treasures of architecture in NYC. For your kids, you can visit popular zoos such as Bronx Zoo, Prospect Zoo, Staten Island Zoo, Queens Zoo, Central Park Zoo, and the biggest aquarium New York Aquarium also known as Coney Island Aquarium.
Other Reason That Makes New York Better Than Los Angeles
- New Yorkers don’t get an instant panic attack by smelling carbs.
- New Yorkers don’t have to spend three hours a day in a traffic jam.
- In NYC, no one wears Juicy Couture sweatsuits to walk around.
- It’s possible to be successful and make friends in New York without joining a cult that worships Aliens.
- In a year, New York stinks of weed for just one day.
- New York is having a good of everything else, but Los Angeles is having great Mexican food.
- In New York, people don’t turn up their noses at you when you tell them that you don’t work in the entertainment industry. It happens in Los Angeles.
- People working in the entertainment industry for a TV series, Film, Soap Opera, etc. keep their work on the script to themselves.
- NYC is having few parking restrictions as compared to Los Angeles. There are five parking signs on top of each other, which you have to crack for 30 minutes before parking in Los Angeles. Then you have to walk back to your car and you find a ticket for the wrong parking.
- There is a famous movie quote I’m walking here means that NYC’s life is active, happening, and tough. In LA, there is a famous movie quote I’m ready for my close-up, that explains life in LA. It is delusional, self-involved, and passive.
- Los Angeles is having a plastic model train, whereas, New York is having an intricate, enormous, and historically significant subway system.
- In LA, if you are walking down the street, it will give you an experience of Asthma. But if you are walking down the street in New York, you will have a sense of cultural history.
- The air-conditioning in New York restaurants is to cool down the person but in LA it is to freeze a woolly mammoth inside a glacier for 10,000 years.
- New York is having seasons. Everything gets frozen in NYC in the winter season and the whole city burst into life in Spring. LA is having sunny and 78 degrees throughout the year. What else, can they be looking forward to?
- In NYC, it is possible to walk more than five blocks without encountering a reality TV show.
- If you are going out drinking in NYC, then you are not hassling for the desired driver. Also, if the bar does not taste good, you can another dozen bars within your reach.
- Populated city, NYC can be a bit noisy but you don’t hear the jackhammering, honking, yelling, screeching of trains. Also, coughing because NYC is not having a dense layer of smog.
New York – A Better Place to Live Than LA
New York might be a city where you are surrounded by a lot of people all day. You have a lot of variety for living, eating, entertainment, etc. New Yorkers might not be friendly but they are cooler and down to Earth. They might seem to be rude but you will get used to it.